Here are some top tips, as sourced by our community!
“In a world of more than 7 billion people, each of us is just a drop in the bucket. But with enough drops we can fill the bucket”
- Unplug the computer and other electronics when not in use.
- Wash clothes at the lowest temperature – they will be just as clean.
- Insulate your home… keeps you warm and saves you £££
- Change to a renewable energy supplier
- Change lightbulbs to LED ones. They use much less electricity and they last a lot longer.
- Fill the kettle with only the amount of water you need
- Have shorter showers
- Check your fridge before you shop and be creative with leftovers
Check out Malmesbury Against Plastic’s website for a comprehensive booklet on how to reduce your single use plastic usage whilst supporting Malmesbury High Street!
- When shopping take a reusable bag with you
- Look for shops that refill – like The Wild Food Co on the High Street
- Grow your own!
- Peat bogs make excellent carbon sinks which is great to maintain a stable climate. Avoid peat based products e.g. bagged soil
- Use public transport where you can
- Share a journey
- Walk or cycle
- Keep your car tyres inflated to their correct level. It is safer and it saves fuel.
- Leave on time! It saves driving too fast saving fuel – and it is safer!
- Consume less – focus on simple pleasures e.g. spending time with friends and family, enjoying nature, walks, cycles, rides etc.
- Money can be saved by sharing tools, repairing equipment and upcycling
- Buy eco-responsible products. Even better use simple things like white wine vinegar – it cleans well and is anti-bacterial. Baking soda is also great for cleaning.
- Stop paper junk mail
- Reduce, reuse, donate, recycle
- Think global, act local
Do you have any suggestions we can add to the list? Get in touch!